Monday, April 18, 2016

Why All Star Cheer?

I realized that I have never mentioned why I am doing all star cheer this year. I have been a cheerleader my entire life. From Tiger Power, to middle school cheer, and even high school, cheer has been a huge part of my life. I cheered on the high school team my freshman and sophomore year. When I tried out for my junior year, I went into tryouts with very little worries. My jumps were high, I had good tumbling, and my stunting was also good. I remember the day of tryouts, Carson and I went to the Marshall DQ to get the "5 buck lunch." When we finished eating, we were walking out to the car and Carson told me the list was up. Of course, I had to see right then if I had made the team. I got in the drivers seat, unlocked my phone, and saw the list. My heart sank, my name was not on the list. I thought that it must have been a mistake.I had worked extremely hard my entire life to be a high school cheerleader. I cried, a ton, in that parking lot. I thought my life was over. I didn't know what I would do without cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment